Friday, January 13, 2006

Fish Tales and Superstitions

My friend in Finland knit up this beauty with yarn I sent her for Christmas (Mountain Colors aplaca/wool blend). I knew it would tempt her away from her studies! I'll let her explain the pattern and such (hope she doesn't mind!)

"As promised, a picture of the scarf I knit out of the yummy yarn you sent me. The picture is not really showing of the structure of the scarf very well, but it is a sort of fishtail pattern. I don't know the name of it, I took it from a German magazine, and it was not specified with a pattern name. But it reminds me of fishtails, and since the yarn is from you, living in a fishing community I find the description suitable. I chose the pattern based on my desire show of the colour changes that happen in the hand dyed yarn. I tried a more elaborated cable pattern, but it ate up the colours completely. The scarf is about 2 m long, and took almost all of the yarn."

Beautiful!

Anyhow...can you believe it's Friday the 13th AND a full moon... how cool is that!?

4 comments:

  1. That is simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fellow Alaskan!!! How's the winter going for you?
    We're moving to southern Ontario, Canada in the late spring so most likely would have to hope of a chance to visit your place.....although I would love to!
    Happy fibering to you!!
    Doll

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! A full moon on Friday the 13th- how could I have silly enough to miss that little miracle? Oh well, just want you to know that you have inspired me to start my own blog- you'll be glad to know that I put a link to yours on there, 'cause it's just so damn cool... and your yarn is bitchin'.
    -EL

    ReplyDelete