Saturday, September 17, 2005

Spinning the Unexpected
















For fun, I posted a challenge to my spinning list on yahoogroups. I asked them to name 5 funky/unusual things that you could ply- or at least TRY to ply- into yarn. I'm getting some intresting answers...

Shredded Silk Kimonos & Silk Cocoons
Cotton Balls plied into chocolate brown (think hot cocolate with marshmallows)
Shredded Money
Christmas Tree Tinsel
Fishing Flies (without hooks- with if you are in to peircings)
Produce Netting and Shredded Plastic Bags
Cassette Tape (which works great for weaving as well- the cassette acts as the shuttle)
Little Fuzzy Chenille Chicks & Easter Grass
Fishnet Stockings & Old Lace
Halloween Decor Spiderweb with Plastic Spiders

I'll add to this list as more suggestions are made- feel free to comment and add your own!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for dropping by nad thank you for all your wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete